20.4.10

Knockaround Sighting

A few days ago I was reading a Sports Illustrated story on Roy Halladay and it mentioned the Phillies new ace is a "non-practicing" Mormon. I remembered hearing that in the past but had forgotten. So I headed over to every Mormon's guilty pleasure and source of self-validation, Famousmormons.net just to be sure. While on the site, I found this ad for Knockaround sunglasses:
If you aren't familiar with Knockaround, it's a San Diego-based company started by an artist and good friend of mine growing up, Adam Moyer. He first told me of his idea four years ago when I was visiting San Diego and since then, things seem to have taken off. This was before the whole trend of "retro" neon sunglasses now popular with the skater crowd and with an ever-expanding line-up, I'm sure Knockaround will continue to stay ahead of the curve. Head over to Knockaround for a look and while you're there, check out some of Adam's art in the blog section.

No comments: