25.1.10

Family Inns of America

There is a Family Inns of America near our family's frequent vacation spot, Williamsburg, VA. It is straight out of the 70s with alternating yellow and orange doors. The place has become somewhat of a family joke and we always tease each other that the next time we come to Williamsburg we will be staying there. I randomly came across this photo several months back. I love it not just because it reminds me of this childhood memory but there's just something about it that works - a haunting relic from days gone by - shot on Fuji Instax instant film.

2 comments:

Abby Clark said...

First off, the pic is fabulous. Second off, how did you get the pic? Third off, I'm glad you've enabled comments b/c I have been visiting your blog a lot as of recent!

JC said...

love this!!!