24.2.10

Wish List: Porsche Cayman

Even though I love many of the amazing exotic cars of both the past and present, I appreciate simplicity. A light car with a manual transmission and just the right balance of handling and power. The Porsche Cayman fills those requirements perfectly at a fraction of the cost of its flashier and more powerful rivals. It has understated styling that is undeniably Porsche. And while it doesn't have the legendary history the 911 has, by some measures, the Cayman stands supreme.


2 comments:

Peter said...

I once heard that the only people who can tell the difference between a 911 and a Cayman are the people most offended by it, namely 911 owners. I like them too. What do you think of the Panamera?

DC said...

I'm not a Porsche "purist" that get's all upset about them making new models so I don't mind the concept of the Panamera. MINI owners are the same way. People are getting all worked up over them developing new models beyond the Cooper, but it doesn't matter as long as they keep doing a good job with what made them famous. I just don't think the Panamera is a very attractive car. If I were buying an expensive four door car I'd skip the Panamera and get an M5. Then again, if I were spending that much on a car, I wouldn't buy a sedan at all.