1.3.10

Falling in Love Again

Last summer I sold my beloved MINI Cooper and purchased a vintage 1978 BMW 530i. Buying the Bimmer was a purely emotional purchase. It was love at first sight and I because I had to have it I overpaid for it (I tend to do this with women too, but that's a story for another time). As the excitement wore off and realities of owning an old car set in, I started regretting my decision and due to a long snowy Winter, it's been sitting in the garage for the last four months. But on Saturday I sold the Volvo and the weather warmed up just a bit giving me a chance to drive the Bimmer again. Last night I took it on some of my favorite roads in Oakton and it didn't disappoint. It had been far too long since I had that much fun driving a car.

Yes, it's smelly, loud, get's horrible gas mileage, and isn't that fast. Its not very good to have it as my only car. But it's a blast to cruise around in and on top of it, the rumble of the engine and exhaust sounds fantastic. It gets a lot of attention too, which is good and bad. The other night I was sitting in a Target parking lot talking on my phone and I had at least three or four guys pull up alongside my car and give me a thumbs up. I figure its good to know there are other people out there that appreciate it as much as I do (especially since my family thinks I'm insane for buying it and all they do is talk crap on it ;).

So for your viewing pleasure, and in my best attempt to act like I'm 16 again, I shot these videos...





No comments: